Ever since the inception of Chemische Fabrik Berg GmbH in 1953, we have strictly focused on our customers and their needs. From humble beginnings as a small part within a large metallurgic company, we grew to become a trusted supplier for the pharmaceutical industry worldwide.
Chemist Dr. Herbert Berg, our company’s first owner, belonged to a West German entrepreneurial family. They had become famous at the turn of the century when they provided the aluminium framework for the first Zeppelin airship. Dr. Herbert Berg established a chemical department within his father’s company. In 1953, it became a separate business as Chemische Fabrik Berg GmbH. Dr. Berg was holding several patents in the field of polymer chemistry.
Chemische Fabrik Berg started out with producing adhesives, but soon switched to barbiturates. The company thrived with the booming West German economy. Today, customers around the world value Chemische Fabrik Berg as a certified source for complex molecules requiring multistage synthesis.
Our company originally was located in Lüdenscheid, close to West Germany’s industrial heartland, the Ruhrgebiet. In 1998, we relocated to Bitterfeld in the Eastern part of Germany, a city where the chemical industry has a deep tradition.
Chemische Fabrik Berg was fully acquired by PMC Global inc. of Sun Valley, California, in 2003. Six years later, we became an independent member of Moehs Group, Spain, one of PMC Global’s subsidiaries, joining Norchim S.a.S. (France), Benechim S.P.R.L. (Belgium), Moehs Ibérica, S.L., Moehs Cántabra, S.L., Moehs Catalana, S.L., Coprima, S.L., Moehs BCN, S.L. and Proteos Biotech (all Spain). All companies specialize in the development and the production of pharmaceutical ingredients.